As a mother of 2, I am privy to the magic that childbirth provides to us women. I understand a woman's varying needs and desires. As your Dancing Doula, I bring KNOWLEDGE from my own personal experiences of birthing children, my training as a birth doula, certified Dancing for Birth™ instructor, Certified Sexual Wellness + Holistic Life Practitioner, the support of many doula communities at my finger tips, PHYSICAL + EMOTIONAL SUPPORT, and a LISTENING EAR.
As a former professional dancer, I was very mobile during my labors. I didn't dance in the way I thought I would, but I did MOVE and listen to my body and my baby. I feel passionate that every woman needs to listen to herself and her baby during labor, which can include moving around, helping baby maneuver their way down the birth canal, among many other things. We are all unique creatures, laboring and delivering our babies in varying ways.
Dancing is just one of the many tool that I specialize in and can bring to help ensure you have a supported and informed birth experience.
As your birth doula I will provide the following:
- Meet with you a minimum of 2 times prenatally
- Vision your birth preferences and ideal birth
- Help create a birth plan that suits your growing family's values
- Help present evidence based information for you and your baby
- Be on call for you 24/7 - from 36 weeks gestation to 2 weeks past your due date (42 weeks gestation)
- Continuous labor and birth support, specializing in essential oils, rebozo, and Dancing for Birth™**
- Comfort measures and birthing positions
- Support and encouragement
- Gentle healing touch and massage
- Partner support and guidance during labor and delivery
- Resources for classes, communities and other services
- 1 postpartum visit in your home or hospital
I support women during home, birth center, and hospital births located in the ~
- South Bay
- Long Beach
- Westside and
- Greater Los Angeles areas
I have experience supporting women at:
- Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente West Los Angeles
- Providence St Johns Health Center
- UCLA Medical Center, Santa Monica
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center
- Dignity Health California Hospital Medical Center
Testimonials from former clients can be found HERE.
Schedule a free call to see if we are a fit to work together during this sacred time.
**Dancing can help achieve a greater state of relaxation and enjoyment. It increases oxytocin and endorphin levels which are necessary for labor and birth. Other fun facts can be found HERE.
Prenatal and postpartum dance classes, either in a group or private setting, can be added for an additional fee. Likewise, further education on essential oil usage for yourself and/or your baby can be provided for an additional fee.**
Check out RESOURCES page for additional helpful info.
Basic Birth Support
With this package you receive a minimum of 2 prenatal visits. One will be geared towards getting to you know you, your desires for the birth, as well as your preferred relaxations techniques and labor positions. The second will primarily focus on preparing a birth plan that fits the needs and values of you and your growing family. This includes offering information and resources on informed consent for yourself and your baby.
I will be ON CALL for you beginning at 36 weeks gestation and up to 42 weeks gestation. During this window of time, I am available 24/7 for any questions or concerns and can show up in person either at your home or planned place of delivery. In addition to providing on going support during the labor period, I also aim to support the partner or any other individual that may be present with you. Whether your baby is born vaginally or via c-section I will be present to support you up until you and baby are stable and have transitioned into a recovery period.
Following the birth of the baby, we will schedule a minimum of 1 postnatal visit, preferably at your home, to process the birth, assess integration, offer recommendations for support and other resources for your optimal recovery.
Birth Support + Dancing For Birth™ Combo
Receive all in the above Basic Birth Support Package PLUS access to 3 VIRTUAL Dancing for Birth™ classes.
Dancing for Birth™ is a wonderful way to support your baby's positioning and the changes of the body's ligaments and muscles as they are constantly shifting. For pregnancy, Dancing For Birth™ aids by:
- opening the pelvic outlet
- helping achieve optimal fetal position
- reducing stress and anxiety
- building confidence in the changing body, in particular during labor
Birth Support + Postpartum Vaginal Steam + Body Binding 'Closing'
Receive all in the above Basic Birth Support Package PLUS 1 vaginal steam session and a body binding experience done in the comforts of your own home. Vaginal steaming post baby (after a woman has stopped bleeding) can provide relief with pain, inflammation, circulation, residue, and stress. I bring herbs and a steam box for your session.
The Body Binding is based off Mexican tradition whereby the woman is wrapped with cloth and her Spirit is called back to herself as carrying new life and giving birth is a threshold in between worlds, leaving her OPEN. On a physical level, the bones are invited to be brought back to their original positioning during the wrapping, suggesting that it is time for the body to now be CLOSED.
Book Me As Your Doula