As a mother of 2, I am privy to the magic that childbirth provides to us women. I understand a woman's varying needs and desires. As your Dancing Doula, I bring knowledge from my own personal experiences of birthing children, my training as a birth doula, certified Dancing for Birth™ instructor, Certified Sexual Wellness + Holistic Life Practitioner, the support of many doula communities at my finger tips, physical + emotional support, and a listening ear.
As a former professional dancer, I was very mobile during my labors. I didn't dance in the way I thought I would, but I did MOVE and listen to my body and my baby. I feel passionate that every woman needs to listen to herself and her baby during labor, which can include moving around, helping baby maneuver their way down the birth canal among many other things. We are all unique creatures, laboring and delivering our babies in varying ways.
Dancing is just one tool that I specialize in. Dancing can help achieve a greater state of relaxation and enjoyment. It increases oxytocin and endorphin levels which are necessary for labor and birth. Other fun facts can be found HERE.
As your Doula I will provide the following:
- Meet with you a minimum of 2 times prenatally
- Vision your birth preferences and ideal birth
- Help present evidence based information for you and your baby
- Be on call for you 24/7 - 2 weeks prior to your due date and up to 2 weeks past your due date
- Continuous labor and birth support, specializing in essential oils and Dancing for Birth™**
- Comfort measures and birthing positions
- Support and encouragement
- Gentle healing touch and massage
- Partner support and guidance during labor and delivery
- Resources for classes, communities and other services
- 1 postpartum visit in your home or hospital
**Prenatal and postpartum dance classes, either in a group or private setting, can be added for an additional fee. Likewise, further education on essential oil usage for yourself and/or your baby can be provided for an additional fee.
Contact me using the contact page HERE to schedule a complimentary meeting.
Testimonials can be found HERE.
Check out RESOURCES page for additional helpful info.