cesarean recovery workshop
Sunday June 25, 1:30pm-4pm
at happy baby in El Segundo
For women who have experienced a planned or unexpected cesarean birth, this workshop provides the space for emotional and physical healing. As with ANY surgery, there can be emotional trauma, stagnation and scarring which can serve as reminders of joy, elation, gratitude, pain, grief, fear, or lack. During our time together we will:
- create a sacred and safe space to share our birth stories
- be reminded of our wholeness
- gain and share tools for sitting in and moving thru our healing
- move our bodies
- self reflection
- learn + perform external scar tissue massage
DANCING MOON MOVEMENT
*Prenatal Dance & Babywearing Dance
*Ladies happy Hour: restore & Renew
*Awaken Your Core to Wellness
*Private Lessons for Women and Couples
Dancing for Birth™ Classes
Dancing For Birth™ offers feel good pre and post natal fitness inspired by world dances such as Belly, West African, Latin, Caribbean, and Hip Hop! We also use yogic and dance stretches effective for this sacred time. Be prepared to feel challenged yet relaxed and uplifted!
Birth and parenting can be like a marathon and Dancing For Birth™ classes will help you become stronger, more agile, and more at ease. Using birthing and parenting wisdom ~ which can include a review of ideal birthing positions and natural pain coping techniques, and tuning in to your body and baby ~ you will build your confidence in your own abilities and experiences.
This class is a space for collective support while having fun and celebrating the beauty of womanhood!
No previous dance experience necessary. All levels welcome!
This class is also open to newer moms with babes in carriers.
We provide a space for sacred feminine embodiment, intuitive connection with your body and baby, and a collective space for being witnessed, held and supported.
For pregnancy, Dancing For Birth™ aids by:
- opening the pelvic outlet
- aiding to achieve optimal fetal position
- reducing stress and anxiety
- building confidence in the changing body, particularly during labor
For postpartum, Dancing For Birth™ aids by:
- reducing stress and tension, lowering blood pressure and adrenaline
- ab and pelvic floor exercises
- freeing self judgement, allowing more space for bonding with baby and partner
- realigning your joints and ligaments
- preventing/reducing postpartum depression
AT HAPPY BABY IN EL SEGUNDO ~ REGISTER HERE
ladies hour: restore & renew
Weekly at brasil brasil cultural center, culver city
This class is designed for the independent mama who is able to get away from it all. In this hour long class, we will focus solely on YOU-- restoring and strengthening with fun and funky grooves, stretching, toning, and core work specific to healing. You will leave feeling re-energized, reset, and ready to face your world with joy and ease.
Join in for some fun while we work our way to wellness!
AWAKEN YOUR CORE TO WELLNESS
As a certified Restore Your Core Method Practitioner, I am beyond excited to bring you this amazing, gentle, holistic approach that supports women with:
• closing diastasis recti (abdominal wall separation)
• reducing "baby belly"
• improving back pain
• gaining full body strength
• increasing core stability
• strengthening pelvic floor muscles
• reducing incontinence
• assisting with prolapse
• increasing libido
• increasing sexuality and
Using breath work and visualization as the foundation of healing, we will also use elements of yoga, fitness and therapeutic practices. We will focus on the whole person for healing and long term wellness, creating space for you to reconnect with your new self to leave you feeling stronger and empowered. This 5 class series will offer communal, continual support in between meeting dates via Facebook group, handouts and videos, and will also include a 20% discount on private 1:1 session with me for more detailed and focused work.
STAY UPDATED ON THE NEXT SERIES DATES!
(PRIVATE LESSONS ALSO AVAILABLE, PLEASE EMAIL ME FOR MORE INFO)
"THE PUMP UP" - PRIVATE LESSONS FOR WOMEN
Private, in home session that includes:
- 1 hour of specialized dance instruction- modifications can be made for pregnancy, postpartum, and to even include baby.
- 30 minutes of essential oil and meditation support to help boost your energy and emotional level
- 1oz. homemade massage oil with added essential oils
- 4oz. shea butter balm with added essential oils
Total 90 minutes for $150
*Additional charge for travel if more than 15 minutes driving time*